Managing Editor assists an assigned supervisor in managing the daily operations of the Service and its bureau. He/she oversees planning of the program, has editorial responsibility for the content of the Service, incl. its digital production, and ensures that all its output, incl. news and features are balanced, accurate, and conform to RFE/RL policy and the highest standards of journalism. Managing Editor also participates in achieving RFE/RL goals and objectives in the assigned areas.
• Coordinates assignments and evaluates work of service staff as well as that of bureau employees and stringers. Trains new staff. Performs other related duties associated with day to day operational requirements, as required.
• Writing and Editing: Selects, writes, translates, adapts and edits news/feature stories from assigned material or from original research and reporting. Scripts are complex and usually prepared for significant and/or special programming. Screens and evaluates source materials, taking into account program contributions of other employees. Writes original features, analysis and commentary. Edits, or supervises the editing of, all content as relevant including multimedia.
• Initiates program ideas. Develops and produces original material and compiles and edits scripts from source materials and staff for regularly scheduled, complex programming. Develops program line-up and ensures a balanced presentation. Works with production staff to obtain best use of production techniques. Routinely works on or directs the coverage of special events.
• May work as correspondent and reporter on assignment, determining focus of reports. Conducts or assigns interviews, participates in, leads, organizes on-air discussions.
• Broadcasting: Voices news and features scripts for recorded and live broadcasts. Moderates programs and roundtable discussions, functions as on-air anchor.
• Production: Directs and monitors the Service’s multimedia content production in line with service content strategy to connect with target audiences.
• He/she will also perform other duties as required for overall management of daily operations.
• Combination of education and experience
• Journalism or related field MA - Master degree (Mandatory)
• Adequate journalistic experience, ideally in an international multimedia organization.
• Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the broadcast area as well as international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure
• Team management experience
• Broadcast region language (Tajik,Russian), Native
• English language, Working Knowledge Oral+Written
Should you be interested in this position please apply by submitting your CV and a cover letter in English.
Таъиноте, ки дар ихтилоф бо ин мақом сурат мегирад, танҳо дар дохил матраҳ мешавад. Ҷузъиёт ...
Вокуниши шумо ба ин огаҳӣ ва ё фиристодани CV ва ҳама гуна маълумоти дигари шахсиатон ба Радиои Аврупои Озод/Радиои Озодӣ ба он маъност, ки маълумот дар бораи шахсияти шумо дар ихтиёри шӯъбаи кадрҳо ҳифз ва дар баррасиҳои оянда мувофиқи қонуни (no. 101/2000 Sb. дар бораи ҳимояи маълумоти хусусӣ) ҳам матраҳ мешавад. Ин созиш танҳо дар паи муроҷиати хаттӣ ҳифз мешавад ва мӯҳлати эътибораш ҳам то таърихи рӯзи муқарраршуда амал хоҳад кард. Мӯҳлати эътибор аз 5 сол зиёд нест.
Odpovìdí na tento inzerát èi zasláním Vašeho životopisu a pøípadných dalších osobních materiálù do spoleènosti RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty dáváte souhlas ke zpracování a uchování Vašich osobních údajù dle zákona è. 101/2000 Sb., o ochranì osobních údaju. Tento souhlas platí až do jeho odvolání písemnou formou, maximálnì však po dobu 5 let.